The Railway Recruitment exams are conducted by the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) headquartered at Chandigarh. Railway recruitment is also handled by the regional railway zones in India. RRB regularly publishes notifications for its recruitment drives on its website and on newspapers. Railway job aspirants need to take the Common Eligibility Test (CET) being conducted by the National Recruitment Agency. Technical and non-technical recruitment done by RRB are always listed on the RRB’s official website – http://www.rrbcdg.gov.in
Under RRB recruitment, the following categories of jobs are recruited:
- RRB NTPC (Non Technical Popular Categories)
- RRB ALP (Assistant Loco Pilot)
- RRB JE (Junior Engineer)
- RRB Group D
Vacancies in RRB as of 2019-2020 is as follows:
The basic educational qualification to appear this exam is a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university and for certain posts, it is 12th Std.
The RRB ALP exam requires has the following qualification criteria:
- Candidates should have passed matriculation and completed course Act Apprenticeship Industrial Training Institute approved by NCVT or SCVT in the respective trade.
- Those who have a diploma in Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Automobile Engineering recognized by the AICTE are also eligible for the exam.
The RRB Group D or RRC Level 1 exam requires the following education qualification:
- The minimum education qualification that the board expects from candidates in order to be eligible for RRB Group D examination is 10th pass (OR) ITI from institutions recognised by NCVT/SCVT (or) equivalent (OR) National Apprenticeship Certificate (NAC) granted by NCVT.
RRB Notification dates:
|RRB Exam – NTPC 2021 Exam Dates|
|Events||RRB NTPC Exam Date Tentative|
|NTPC Notification||August 2021|
|Opening of online registration of Applications||August 2021|
|Closing of online registration of Applications||September 2021|
|Closing Date for Payment of Application Fee||September 2021|
|Final submission of Applications||To be notified|
|RRB NTPC 1st Stage Computer Based Test (CBT)||To be notified|
- Railway Recruitment Board,
- Railway Colony, Near Railway Station,
Chandigarh – 160002
- Telephone : 0172-2730093
- Fax : 0172-2730040
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org